Our view: All of our best wishes to the Class of 2006
Our area high school seniors have received their diplomas, and now can turn their full focus on their post-graduation plans.
For some, it means work. For others, the plans include additional hours in the classroom. And for still others, the plans are not yet settled. Regardless of how these young people spend the next few years, the expectations are high.
As one area school superintendent reminded graduates: The state has spent a great deal of money on their educations. Now, Kansas taxpayers are looking for a return on that investment. Just a little friendly pressure exerted on graduation day.
If graduates of Tonganoxie High School are any barometer of members of the Classes of 2006 in Kansas, our future is indeed bright.
Tonganoxie students have delighted us with their performances in music, drama and athletics. They have delighted their teachers with their insights in science, math and literature. And they have delighted their parents with their love, their sense of community and their enthusiasm.
It is with sadness, laced with a great deal of optimism, that we say goodbye to the Tonganoxie High School Class of 2006.
All of Tonganoxie wishes members of the class the very best for the future, regardless of the path they take in life.
More like this story
- Kansas House vote shows weak support for constitutional amendment on judicial selection
- Kansas House GOP testing support for Supreme Court changes
- Frustrated Kansas lawmakers weigh move to impeach state's top judges
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics
- Kansas House rejects change in selecting high court justices