Obituary: Edgar Allen Lyons
Services for Edgar Allen Lyons, 84, Tonganoxie, were Thursday, April 27, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in the National Cemetery in Leavenworth.
Mr. Lyons died April 25, 2006, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center, Leavenworth. He was born Nov. 12, 1921, in Peru, Neb., the son of John and Lucy (Allen) Lyons.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Tonganoxie. He had lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Kansas City, Kan., and Tonganoxie. He was retired from Riss International, where he was a truck driver.
His wife, Helen Jean Lyons, died in 1981.
Survivors include two sons, Rodney, Tonganoxie, and Donald, Independence, Mo.; five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Online condolences may be sent at www.quisenberry-fh.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Melynda Harbour
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities