Obituary: Laura M. Vining
Services for Laura M. Vining, 73, Kansas City, Kan., were Saturday, April 29 at Trinity United Methodist Church, Kansas City, Kan. Cremation and private inurnment were planned.
Mrs. Vining died April 26, 2006, at St. Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, Mo. She was born Feb. 26, 1933, in Denver, the daughter of Hearst and Marion (Bowie) Pressly.
She was a member of the Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority at Denver University and a member of Trinity United Methodist Church, Kansas City, Kan.
She was a secretary for Kansas City Kansas Community College and Trinity United Methodist Church. She also owned a knitting shop, Busy Needles.
She married Charles E. Vining on Aug. 22, 1952, in Denver. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Tim, Kansas City, Kan., and Jim, Half Moon Bay, Calif.; a daughter, Jayne Yunghans, Olathe; a brother, Bud Pressly, Longmont, Colo.; six grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Heart Association or the American Lung Association, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent to www.quisenberry-fh.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie trainer warns of heat illnesses, urges proper hydration
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Kansas' water conservation program draws shallow interest
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow