Obituary: Lester W. Shoemaker
Services for Lester W. Shoemaker, 93, Tonganoxie, were Monday, May 1, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Shoemaker died last Wednesday, April 26, 2006, at his home. He was born Nov. 20, 1912, in Pomona, the son of Jesse and Ora (Fishburn) Shoemaker.
He was a World War II Army Air Corps veteran and a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9271, Tonganoxie. He had been a board member of Leavenworth County Soil Conservation Board and Rural Water District 9. He was a farmer.
On Dec. 28, 1943, he married Mildred Lee in Salt Lake City. She died July 11, 2005.
Survivors include two sons, Kenny W. Shoemaker and David L. Shoemaker, both of Tonganoxie; two sisters, Ellen and Alma James, Los Angeles; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Leavenworth County Special Olympics or Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9271, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers