Pistora places second, Grizzle fourth in javelin at state
Tonganoxie junior Ali Pistora placed second and sophomore Roxie Grizzle fourth in Class 4A on Friday at the state track and field championships in Wichita.
Pistora finished with a top throw of 140 feet, 7 inches, while Grizzle finished fourth at 133-6.
Labette County's Katelyn Penner won gold with a 145-0 throw. Penner, a sophomore, also won javelin last year.
Pistora moved up a spot after finishing third last season.
For more from Wichita, check back to The Mirror's Web site.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert