Obituary: William Joseph Hardisty
Services for William Joseph Hardisty, 59, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, May 30, 2006, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery in Basehor.
Mr. Hardisty died Thursday, May 25, 2006, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. He was born Dec. 28, 1946, in Maryville, Mo., the son of John and Amelia (Wiederholt) Hardisty.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1965 to 1968 and was a member of American Legion Post 407. He was also a member of Cement Mason's Local 518 for more than 30 years.
He married Barbara Ann Cooper on Sept. 7, 1968, in Kansas City, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Matthew Hardisty, Phoenix; two daughters, Shellie Hardisty, Tonganoxie, and Lori Simmons, Raytown, Mo.; and two grandsons.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements, and online condolences may be left for the family at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes