Exercise the right to vote in election
Voting in Leavenworth County just got easier.
On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, members of the county clerk's office will stay late, in hopes of attracting advance voters. The clerk's office -- at the courthouse, 330 Walnut in Leavenworth -- will be open until 7 p.m.
That's a nice public service.
Of course, polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. next Tuesday.
Don't let this opportunity to make your voice heard pass you by. This is important. Your vote does matter. That's been proven again and again.
In the August primary, only 11.8 percent of registered voters cast ballots.
So head to the courthouse this week to vote in advance or visit your regular polling place on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- School finance summit at Wichita State postponed