Gustav “Gus” Koerth
Services for Gustav (Gus) Koerth, 85, Tonganoxie, will be at 10 a.m. today, Nov. 8, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie.
Burial will be in the National Cemetery in Leavenworth.
Mr. Koerth died Saturday, Nov. 4, 2006, at Midland Hospice House, Topeka. He was born on June 19, 1921, in Burton, Texas, the son of Herman and Hedwig (Nitche) Koerth.
He was a World War II Army Air Corps veteran who worked for 35 years at a refinery for Phillips Petroleum in Kansas City, Kan. After retiring, he drove a bus for Basehor school district and later for Tonganoxie school district.
Mr. Koerth was a member of West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Koerth married Althea Pike on March 3, 1943, in Kansas City, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include three sons, Richard Koerth, Topeka, Bruce Koerth, Tonganoxie, and Howard Koerth, Oklahoma City, Okla.; two sisters, Elise Rebstock, Naussaw Bay, Texas, and Lillian Wardlow, Lincoln, Calif.; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to West Haven Baptist Church or to Midland Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Kansas weighing rules for handling eyewitnesses to crimes
- Kansas attorney general seeks data on Colorado legal marijuana entering state
- Kansas Turnpike Authority approves two-year bridge projects