Obituary: Gary Lee Dohrn
Services for Gary Lee Dohrn, 61, McLouth, will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, 2006, at First Baptist Church in McLouth. Burial will be in McLouth Cemetery.
Mr. Dohrn died Saturday, Nov. 4, 2006, at his home after a long illness. He was born Feb. 3, 1945, in Leavenworth, the son of Henry George and Della E. Martz Dohrn.
He lived in McLouth most of his life and graduated from McLouth High School in 1963.
Mr. Dohrn was a U.S. Air Force veteran of the Vietnam era, serving from 1965 to 1972. He worked as an auto mechanic for Feld Chevrolet in Kansas City, Mo., and A.G. Grocers in Kansas City, Kan. He retired in 1999 after working more than 20 years at Sutton-Kolman Ford in Tonganoxie.
He was a member of First Baptist Church in McLouth.
He married Delores Ann Shrader on Jan. 9, 1966, in McLouth. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Mike Dohrn, Leavenworth, and Matthew Dohrn, Tonganoxie; a daughter, Annette Walker, McLouth; and five grandchildren.
A granddaughter, Kimberly Hillers, died earlier.
Friends may call from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the church.
The family suggests memorial contributions to First Baptist Church in McLouth or Jefferson County Hospice, sent in care of Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Hill touts career experiences in Leavenworth County Commission race
- Tonganoxie High Science Club, FCCLA join forces to offer first Science Camp
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru