Tonganoxie, other schools closed on Thursday
Weather forces decision
Classes in Tonganoxie and several other area communities will not be held Thursday.
Tonganoxie public schools, along with Genesis Christian Academy, have cancelled classes because of a winter storm that began mid-day Wednesday. That storm prompted school administrators in Tonganoxie to dismiss classes at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, as well.
In addition, Basehor-Linwood and McLouth public schools will not hold classes on Thursday because of the storm.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan