Sedgwick County D.A. blasts Kline
Here are today's headlines from the 2006 election race:
(AP) Sedgwick County DA denies Kline's statement: Atty. Gen. Phill Kline had nothing to do with a Sedgwick County case he has repeatedly used to defend an investigation that entangled him in a lengthy legal fight with two abortion clinics, the county's top prosecutor said Monday.
(KC Star) Kline takes paper to task:Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline on Monday criticized The Kansas City Star for a Sunday editorial that contained an error. During his campaign for re-election, Kline has cited numerous examples of criminals released from prison early because of a bill passed by the Legislature in 2000 that addressed prison overcrowding by readjusting some sentences.
2nd District Congress
(LJW) Boyda-Ryun matchup picks up steam: Does Democrat Nancy Boyda have a shot at defeating U.S. Rep. Jim Ryun in the 2nd congressional district race? On Monday, the campaign heated up as Boyda, of Topeka, and Ryun, a Republican from Lawrence, tangled over the airwaves during a radio debate and call-in show.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues