Youth football teams victorious
Saturday was a big day for Tonganoxie youth football teams.
All Tonganoxie teams, which include second-, third-, fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade squads, won Saturday. They all played Eudora teams. The sixth-grade squad won its first game, while the fifth-grade team remained undefeated.
The fifth-grade football team has had quite the run in its youth football league this fall.
The Braves have defeated De Soto, 39-6; Piper, 6-0; Mill Valley, 22-0; the Kansas City Grizzlies, 20-12; and Bonner Springs, 34-0. Last weekend, they defeated Eudora, 14-0, and Piper, 19-0.
In the game against the Grizzlies, the Braves erased a 12-point halftime deficit and won with 20 unanswered points.
The team is coached by Mike Sample.
Team members are: Cole Holloway, Shawn Ridihalgh, Clayton Himpel, Chase Sample, Zeke Kissinger, Tyler Ford, Hunter Sturgis, Joseph Wolf, Luk Carey, Steven Heath, Luke Baker, Ben Edmonds, Rich Miller, Eric McPherson, Cody Snyder and Ben Johnson.
The team has two more weekends of football to play this fall at Field of Dreams northeast of Basehor. The team plays on Saturdays at the complex.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good