Chieftain volleyball pushes Chargers to three games before falling
Tonganoxie battled defending state champion Santa Fe Trail on Tuesday in Kansas City, Kan., but the Chargers held off a Chieftain attempt at a Kaw Valley League title. The Chargers won, 29-27, 21-25, 25-20, and remained perfect in league play, ensuring an SFT conference crown. Tonganoxie, meanwhile, dropped its second KVL contest after losing to Lansing the previous week.
THS bounced back against Bishop Ward, winning 26-28, 25-20, 25-17.
The Chieftains will finish off the regular season Tuesday with a home quadrangular against Lawrence-Free State, Topeka High and Blue Valley West.
The postseason will begin Oct. 21 with Class 4A substate action in Holton. Matches, which will be played on one court instead of the traditional two, tentatively are set to start at 1 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities