Obituary: Carolyn K. Bierman
Services for Carolyn Kay Bierman, 64, Kansas City, Kan., were Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2006, at Stony Point Christian Church in Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Stony Point Cemetery.
Ms. Bierman died Friday, Oct. 6, 2006, at Providence Medical Center. She was born July 15, 1942, in Lincoln, Neb.
She was a longtime area resident who was retired from Price Chopper in Kansas City, Kan. She was an avid horsewoman who was a trick rider with Roy Knapp Rough Riders in her youth. She was a member of the American Quarter Horse Association.
Survivors include a son, Brett Bierman, Kansas City, Kan.; a daughter, Jackie Fraundorfer, Maysville, Mo.; two sisters, Linda Carey, Tonganoxie, and Diane Denton, Kansas City, Kan.; her father, W.M. "Bus" Allen, Kansas City, Kan.; and a granddaughter. A grandson, Brant Fraundorfer, died in 2001.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Stony Point Christian Church, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts