Obituary: Charles “Charley” L. Lowe
Services for Charles "Charley" L. Lowe, 64, rural Easton, were Friday, Oct. 6, 2006, at St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church, Easton. Burial followed in Mount Olivet Cemetery.
Mr. Lowe died Oct. 3, 2006. He was born Feb. 12, 1942, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Wilbur T. and Dolly M. (Riggs) Lowe.
He had worked as an assistant pressman for more than 22 years at Hallmark in Leavenworth. He owned Lowe's Auto Repair and Machine Shop for more than 40 years.
He was a member of the St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church.
He married Joyce A. Brown on Nov. 25, 1961, at St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include four sons, Joseph C. Lowe, Dry Ridge, Ky., and Michael R. Lowe, William J. Lowe and George A.L. Lowe, all of Easton; a daughter, Ann T. Kruse, Lawrence; two brothers, O.W. Lowe and Larry Lowe, both of Jarbalo; a sister, Darlene Theel, Missouri; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Huntington's Disease Society or to the church, sent in care of Beldon-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapels, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- What's on your (license) plate?