Obituary: Bertha A. Nokes Ellington
Services for Bertha A. Nokes Ellington, 101, Richmond, Kan., were Monday, Oct. 16, 2006, at First United Methodist Church in Garnett with pastor Karol Brecheisen officiating. Burial was in Welda Cemetery.
Mrs. Ellington died Thursday, Oct. 12, 2006, in Richmond. She was born May 2, 1905, in Welda, the daughter of John Thomas and Julia Ann Breese Johnson. She graduated from Welda High School in 1923.
Mrs. Ellington was a homemaker. She was a member of Welda United Methodist Church and later Garnett Methodist Church. She also was a member of United Methodist Women.
She married Orville C. Nokes in 1925 in Garnett. He died in 1961. She married Carl Ellington in 1978 in Garnett. He died in 1988.
Survivors include a son, Larry Nokes, Pittsburg; three daughters, Lorna Brecheisen of Jean, Nev., Ann Osborn, Topeka, and Janette Mullins, Olathe; 22 grandchildren; 46 great-grandchildren; and 26 great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Garnett or Welda United Methodist Church, sent in care of Farris Feuerborn Memorial Chapel, P.O. Box 408, Garnett 66032.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes