Candidates spar over judge selection
Here are today's headlines from the 2006 election race:
(AP) Gubernatorial candidates spar over justices: Republican gubernatorial challenger Jim Barnett says he wants to see a change in how Kansas Supreme Court justices are appointed, but Democratic Gov. Kathleen Sebelius said she favors the current system.
(AP) New Kline ad called a "jaw dropper": In a move Democrat Paul Morrison calls "desperate and sleazy," Republican Phill Kline's latest television ad in the attorney general's race highlights unproven, 15-year-old sexual harassment allegations against Morrison.
(Topeka Capital-Journal) Unknown group sends anti-Kline mailing: A group calling itself Kansans for Consumer Privacy Protection criticized Atty. Gen. Phill Kline for seeking records from abortion clinics, and used incorrect crimes statistics in their claims.
2nd District Congress
More like this story
- McLouth HIgh baseball team sweeps Immaculata in doubleheader
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining