Jayhawk Linn finishes off McLouth at 3A substate
The McLouth High volleyball team's season ended Saturday at a Class 3A substate tournament in Wellsville.
The Bulldogs lost in the quarterfinals to Jayhawk Linn, 25-21, 25-17. MHS finished its season with a 10-19 record, while Jayhawk Linn ended its season at 23-9 after losing to Pleasant Ridge in the semifinals, advancing to the semifinals, 25-17, 25-21.
Pleasant Ridge, like McLouth, is a Delaware Valley League member.
Although the Rams outlasted Jayhawk Linn, they fell to Wellsville in the finals, 25-19, 25-21. Pleasant Ridge finished its year at 22-8, while Wellsville is 34-4 heading into the 3A state tournament.
McLouth's quarterfinal loss was the final match for five McLouth Bulldog seniors -- Rachael Thompson, Megan Howerton, Paula Pinto, Caitlin Mestagh and Erin Heckard.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Brownback makes appointments to commissions, boards
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’