Obituary: Frank Richard Garstecki
Services for Frank "Sonny" Richard Garstecki, 74, Lyndon, were Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2006, at Assumption Catholic Church in Edgerton. Burial was in Mount Calvary Cemetery in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Garstecki, who also lived in Wellsville and Edgerton, died Friday, Oct. 20, 2006, in Wellsville. He was born Aug. 27, 1932, at his family's home in Kansas City, Kan., the son of Frank and Minnie (Knipp) Garstecki.
He was a longtime farmer and stockman in Leavenworth County, and also worked at Swift packinghouse and for Loring Quarries.
Survivors include a son, Richard Garstecki, Wellsville; a daughter, Karin Garstecki; two brothers, Paul and Gerald Garstecki; a sister, Phyllis Garstecki; and a granddaughter. A son, Paul, died in 1957.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Hospice Care of Kansas, sent in care of the funeral home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs, 66012.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie educator Nichole Gurwell
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities