Grocery store planned in Basehor
Ed McIntosh and John Bell of Benchmark Management announced Monday that they have teamed up with Affiliated Foods Midwest to build a grocery store in Basehor.
The 50,000-square-foot store, called Wolf Creek Marketplace, will be built in Wolf Creek Junction development, also owned by Benchmark Management. The area is at the northeast corner of U.S. Highway 24-40 and 155th Street.
Construction is set to begin on the $7 million project at the end of February, and the developers hope to open the store in late summer or early fall 2007. The supermarket will feature a pharmacy, deli with cafeteria area, bakery, a full line of fresh produce, ethnic section, floral and complete line of organic and natural foods.
McIntosh said he anticipates the store will employ between 75 and 100 people.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education