MHS runners medal in Topeka
The McLouth High cross country team isn't big on numbers, but the squad put up some respectable finishes Thursday at the Jefferson West Invitational at the Shawnee North Community Park in Topeka.
With three team members, the MHS girls squad didn't qualify for any team honors, but all three Bulldogs medaled at the meet. Aliaa Ghaddar placed 21st with a time of 21 minutes, 7 seconds. Liz Turner finished 25th with a 20:49 time, while Gelia Gardner finished 29th with a 21:07 time.
In the boys varsity race, Ryan Saxton and John Trieu both medaled as the boys finished seventh at the meet. Saxton finished with a 20:29 time, while John Trieu recorded a 21:35 time.
Other Bulldogs placing in the varsity race were: Charlie Turner (40th, 21:16), Dustin Rainey (44th, 23:26), Jarrod Bechard (58th, 25:29) and Grant Smelser (60th, 27:01).
"I was really pleased with everyone's performances," said coach Ben Cressler, commenting on his first meet as the MHS coach. "We had several of the boys improve over their time at the fall preview last week, and all of our girls had PR's (personal records) for the 4k (kilometer) distance."
More like this story
- Heart of the matter for Tonganoxie High football in OT victory
- De Soto hands Tonganoxie football second straight loss
- Early scores hurt Tonganoxie High football in season finale
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected
- Tonganoxie football outlasts Spring Hill, 33-13, in season opener