Obituary: Bruce G. High
Services for Bruce G. High Sr., 54, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. today, Sept. 6, 2006, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
Mr. High died Friday, Sept. 1, 2006, at his home. He was born March 22, 1952, in San Bernardino, Calif., the son of Lloyd G. and Charlene W. Bodam High.
He was retired from Labors Local No. 1290. He had been a machinist and an engineer with the railroad. A U.S. Army veteran, he served in the Vietnam War. He was a member of the Household of Faith Church, Leavenworth, and American Legion Post No. 411, Lansing.
His parents preceded him in death. Survivors include two sons, Bruce G. High Jr., Liberty, Mo., and Eli D. High, Belton, Mo.; a sister, Linda C. High, Bonner Springs; three brothers, David High, Liberty, Mo., Roger High, Basehor, and Dale High, Bonner Springs; and four grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the family, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Tonganoxie group hopes for 'yes' vote in mail ballot election
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut