Letter to the editor: Speak up about crimes
To the editor:
Good news! The go-cart that was stolen from our home has been recovered, thanks to a good friend's watchful eye. It was sitting in a junk pile of a construction shop just off the highway.
Unfortunately, it was destroyed. The thieves had spray-painted the wheels orange and the frame black. They obviously didn't know what they were doing. Duct tape and poor welding of rebar were placed where they tried shoddy modifications.
I wish the thieves could have seen the look on my 5-year-old son's face when he saw that the gift from his grandpa was beyond repair. I wish people would see that keeping quiet about things they see going on only leads to more problems.
Whoever did this needs to know that stealing is wrong, no matter what the item is. Sure, it was a junk go-cart, but it was special to us.
What if you're next?
More like this story
- Letters to the editor: Vandalism: Take a bold stand; No more small town values?
- The Record: Action from law enforcement and courts
- Letters to the editor: Touched my heart; Shoppine on e-bay questioned; Heavy heart; Heart-felt condolences
- Letters to the editor: Proud of students
- Sun shines on St. Pat's parade