Governor’s race takes on immigration issue
(LJW) Sebelius, Barnett contest heads to the border: In her television campaign commercials, Gov. Kathleen Sebelius has taken credit for resolving the school finance issue and mending a broken state budget. Now on radio, Sebelius, a Democrat seeking re-election, has turned her sights to illegal immigration. Republican challenger Jim Barnett's campaign said that Sebelius was "trying to rewrite her record on illegal immigration."
- The two candidates -- Republican incumbent Phill Kline and Democrat Paul Morrison -- will debate at 2 p.m. Sunday at Johnson County Community College.
2nd District Congress
From Lawrence Journal-World reporter Scott Rothschild's election notebook: In a war of the websites, Democrat Nancy Boyda posts a Lawrence Journal-World story about her being the only candidate who showed up at a recent health care forum. But Republican Jim Ryun cites the same story on his website to criticize Boyda's health care positions.
3rd District Congress
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities