Obituary: Bernard E. McEnulty
Funeral services for Bernard E. McEnulty, 79, Emmett, were Monday, September 25, 2006, at the Emmett United Methodist Church. Burial was at the St. Cleree Cemetery, north of Emmett.
Mr. McEnulty died Friday, September 22, 2006, at Stormont-Vail Hospital. He was born Nov. 12, 1926, the son of Leo and Lillie Kramer McEnulty.
He worked for the Union Pacific Railroad for 14 years and later owned and operated McEnulty's Grocery Store in Emmett. After retiring from the store he worked several years for the city of Emmett. He served in the United States Army during World War II. Mr. McEnulty was a member of the Emmett United Methodist Church. He had served on the Emmett City Council and had been a Cub Scout leader.
He married Melva Moses Sept. 15, 1949, in Tonganoxie.
She survives of the home.
Other survivors include his son, Tim McEnulty, Overland Park.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Emmett United Methodist Church, in care of Piper Funeral Home, 714 Maple, St. Marys 66536.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation