Jan and Orie Neslon celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 1. Their children and families took them to Pierpont Restaurant and then to Union Station in Kansas City, Mo. They had a wonderful time.
Jan Nelson's cousin and wife, Darrell and Barbara Heaph from Madison, Wis., spent four days with the Nelsons on Sept. 13 and 14.
Jan and Orie Nelson had friends Curt and Sheryl Bork from Rockford, Ill., the first part of September.
On Sept. 17, Peggy and Ed Gillaspie and Drew entertained with dinner for Jeff Gillaspie for his birthday. Others present were: Jenna and Isabella Gillaspie, Greg, Marie and Amber Gilaspie; Ray, Jeanette Cole, Luke and Emikly, Evelyn Schwinn and Pastor Jason Fergerson.
Karen Stolte of Oklahoma City came to Kansas City to attend a reunion of her nursing class. On Sept. 18, she came to visit her cousin Evelyn Schwinn and had lunch with her. She visited her brother, Tom Stolte, and together they visited their father, Fariss Stolte at Country Care in Easton.
Wayne and Anabel Knapp attended Annie's Country Jubilee Western Show on Sept. 16 in Tonganoxie. The Bucky Fowler family from Wichita performed. There was a full house. They have three daughters who sang. They are very good and the audience seemed to enjoy the show.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown