Earl and Martha Daniels, Bakersfield, Calif., will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary by visiting relatives in Forsyth, Mo., Jarbalo and Lawrence.
Earl Daniels and Martha Sloan were married April 25, 1947, in Leavenworth.
Earl is retired from the California Department of Transportation and served as foreman for highway maintenance for Interstate Highway 5, the Grapevine, which is a major route connecting Northern and Southern California. He served in the Marine Corps during World War ll. Earl was an outstanding athlete at Jarbalo High School and on both baseball and basketball teams throughout Leavenworth County.
Martha graduated from Leavenworth High School, attended college in San Bernardino, Calif., and raised three children, Claudia, Becky and Charles, all of whom reside in Southern Calif. They have four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties