George hired as TES principal
Tammie George, the longtime assistant principal at Tonganoxie Elementary School, has been hired as principal.
George's hiring was approved Monday night by the Tonganoxie School Board.
Since January, George has been interim principal at the school after the board accepted the mid-year resignation of Jerry Daskoski. State education officials had revoked Daskoski's teaching and administration licenses in the wake of shoplifting charges filed against him a year earlier in Sedgewick County.
For more on this story, pick up The Mirror on Wednesday.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers