Bulldog softball continues domination of opponents
McLouth has outscored foes 78-2 this year
McLouth High remained perfect on its softball season, sweeping Jeff West on Monday on the road.
MHS won the first game, 11-1, and the second, 10-0.
The Bulldogs now have outscored opponents by a whopping 78-2 advantage on the young season.
Lezley Lawson hit a home run and went 6-for-8 in the doubleheader. She moved her average to .623 on the season.
Kendall Patterson finished the doubleheader 4-for-5. She connected for two singles, a double and two triples.
McLouth was scheduled to play Class 3A powerhouse Silver Lake on Friday. The game had been postponed earlier in the week because of rain.
But inclement weather forced another cancellation.
The two teams, weather permitting of course, will meet in a doubleheader April 26 at Silver Lake. The first game will start at 4 p.m.
Before the showdown with SLHS, McLouth will play a regularly scheduled doubleheader at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at Atchison County.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Kansas raises rents on agencies in state office buildings
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next