THS girls defeat Bonner Springs, Gardner-Edgerton
Tonganoxie High's girls soccer team scored two victories against one defeat in its last three games going into a Tuesday evening contest against Immaculata.
The weather couldn't have been much worse last Wednesday.
Playing on a soggy field, the THS girls soccer trudged on its home turf on a cold and windy night against Piper.
Tonganoxie played well in the second half despite the miserable conditions, but couldn't come away with a victory.
Piper won the game, 3-1. Jordan Gagne's goal with 7:10 left in the game was the lone score for THS.
However, sandwiched around that loss were two big victories for the Chieftains.
Tonganoxie defeated Gardner-Edgerton, 2-0, Thursday in Gardner.
And, on Monday, the Chieftains defeated Bonner Springs for the second time this season, 2-1, at Bonner Springs.
THS was 3-3 on the season heading into Tuesday's game at Immaculata. Tonganoxie will be back at home Thursday with junior varsity and varsity games against Kansas City Christian at 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. respectively at Chieftain Park. And next Wednesday, THS will travel to Shawnee to face Maranatha Academy. Varsity will begin at 4 p.m. and junior varsity 6:30 p.m. at Maranatha.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Kansas ACT scores above national average but change little
- Tonganoxie USD 464 has 1 applicant for board opening; hires and resignations; Statehouse candidate visits meeting
- A new era begins in Tonganoxie
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push