U.S. 24-40 accident sends 16-year-old to area hospital
A two-vehicle accident Monday night sent a 16-year-old girl to an area hospital by air ambulance, but injuries were not life-threatening, according to a Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office dispatcher.
The girl, who at about 9 p.m. Monday was heading north on 166th Street at U.S. Highway 24-40, failed to yield to another vehicle driven by Sean Kelley, 23, Basehor. Kelley was driving west on U.S. 24-40 when his vehicle collided with the 16-year-old's vehicle. Kelley was not injured in the accident, reports said. The accident occurred just west of Basehor.
Officials did not have information on the youth's city of residence and declined to release her name Monday night. She was taken to by air ambulance to Children's Mercy Hospital.
For more on this story, check back to The Mirror's Web site and pick up an April 25 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Missing foster children found in Kansas City
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Kansas weighing rules for handling eyewitnesses to crimes
- Tonganoxie part of investigation in shooting death of KCK officer
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change