Basehor teenager in fair condition after accident
A 16-year-old girl Basehor girl was taken by air ambulance to an area hospital after she was injured in a two-vehicle accident Monday just west of Basehor.
Elizabeth Grey, a junior at Basehor-Linwood High School, was driving about 9 p.m. Monday heading north on 166th Street at U.S. Highway 24-40. She failed to yield to another vehicle driven by Sean Kelley, 23, Basehor, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office reports.
Kelley was driving west on the four-lane divided highway when his van collided with the 16-year-old's car on the passenger side. Kelley was not injured in the accident, reports said.
Grey was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo. She was in fair condition early Tuesday afternoon, a hospital official said.
Both drivers were wearing seatbelts, reports said. Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office, Basehor Police, Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service and Fairmount Township Fire Department responded.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council