Bogard ready to become Cavalier
Forget about assembling a "pros" and "cons" list.
Tonganoxie High senior Rachel Bogard knew where she wanted to attend college from the get-go.
Bogard, who plans to study nursing, decided some time ago that she would attend Johnson County Community College.
And with encouragement from THS co-coaches Tiffany and Brandon Parker, Bogard realized she also could play volleyball for the Cavaliers. Last Wednesday, Bogard signed a national letter of intent to play volleyball at JCCC.
"Brandon and Tiffany put it into my head because I never thought I could go on to college and play, and they said I could," Bogard explained.
The senior, who also played basketball and is on the track team, will continue to play as a setter when she competes at the Overland Park school. Bogard said she was impressed with the JCCC campus, as well as the personnel.
"I really enjoyed the coaches and the whole team there," Bogard said.
More like this story
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan