Beef ranchers’ group sponsoring tour, dinner
Leavenworth County Beef Improvement Association will have its second-annual farm and ranch tour on Saturday, Aug. 18.
The event will be at the New Haven Angus Ranch, 18757 Jamison Road, and will be hosted by the New family.
A full program is planned, with dinner and speakers.
Cost is $6 for advance tickets and $8 at the gate. Tickets are available from any association board member or at the association's table at the Leavenworth County Fair.
Proceeds will go to the association's scholarship fund, which supports agricultural students from Leavenworth County.
The association awarded its first scholarship in the spring, $1,000 to Kelly Yunghans of rural Leavenworth. She will attend Kansas State University.
The association also is selling raffle tickets for a side of beef donated by Kelly and Katie Yunghans.
"We just wanted to give something back to LCBIA," the sisters said.
Raffle tickets will be available at the association's fair table and also will go to the scholarship fund. The drawing will be the night of the farm and ranch tour. Smitty's Butcher Shop, Easton, is donating processing for the beef.
Additional information about the association is available from any board member or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- New LMH oncologist joins hospital with background in research, goals for patient care