David and Jane Turner and granddaughter Sydney Turner visited Thamar Barnett on July 29.
Kody and Michelle Heskett of Moran came to the area Aug. 4. Kody stayed with Ronnie Mooberry and Demeta Tullis and Ricky in McLouth overnight.
They went fishing. Michelle stayed with Gene and Glenda Heskett of Tonganoxie. Glenda took Michelle shopping.
Kody picked up Michelle at noon Sunday and they went to Thamar Barnett's for a couple of hours. Other relatives making it by to visit with them were Connie Barnett, Tammy Mooberry, Rhiannon Mooberry, Blake Anderson, Kathy Stimac and Julia Carter and Shianne.
On July 30, Charles and Connie Sheppard of Lenexa took Bid Sheppard and Kathy Powers to eat at Sonic in Tonganoxie. They drove back by the way of the Leavenworth County State Lake. They really enjoyed it and Bid said she didn't think she'd been there since about 50 years ago.
There will be a rummage and bake sale from 8-1 p.m. Aug. 18, at Jarbalo United Methodist Church. Mary Lou Robinson moved to her new home in Turner and she donated a lot of things for the sale. If anyone has anything to donate it can be brought to the church Aug. 17.
More like this story
- KanCare starting ombudsman volunteer program in 3 places
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Federal food program struggles to reach rural Kansas
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly