Obituary: Thomas L. Murry
1923 - 2007
Services for Thomas L. Murry, 84, rural Leavenworth, will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 10, 2007, at Charter Funerals/Sunset Chapel, 16731 Springdale Rd., Leavenworth.
Mr. Murry died Monday, Aug. 6, 2007, in Lawrence.
He was born May 27, 1923, the son of H.U. Murry and Nelle (Rich) Murry of Parsons. He served in the United States Army from March 1943 to February 1946. He was stationed at several bases in the United States, the Philippines and Japan.
He married Donna Jean Lovelady of Oswego on June 5, 1948, in Parsons. Mr. Murry was employed as an autoworker for General Motors in Kansas City, Kan., for 30 years, retiring in 1979. He enjoyed his retirement by camping, fishing and visiting with his friends.
Survivors include his wife and five sons: Michael, of Beckley, W.Va., Patrick, of Olathe, Thomas L. Jr., of Tonganoxie, Tim, of Leavenworth, and Jim of Leavenworth; six granddaughters; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will begin at 10 a.m. at the chapel. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Leavenworth, Jarbalo United Methodist Church or Tonganoxie VFW Post 9271.
More like this story
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- Tonganoxie family's natural gas restored following weeks of testing
- LMH Breast Risk Assessment Clinic helps identify cancer risks
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013