Our View: Thanks for all volunteers at fair
Let's hear it for everyone involved with the Leavenworth County Fair.
The fair is a living testament to the agricultural roots of Leavenworth County. The livestock and produce exhibits and many of the competitions send us back to an earlier time when agriculture was king in Kansas.
Each year, the fair continues to spread the message of agriculture's importance in both the county's past and its future.
But beyond that, the fair also is a testament to the efforts of a vast cadre of volunteers who make it their mission to see its continued success. Among those are the Fair Board, members of the Leavenworth County Extension Office and 4-H members and their families from throughout the county.
Their hard work and determination throughout the year ensure the weeklong run of the fair is an enjoyable family outing.
So saddle up and make the trip to the fairgrounds. Whether it's taking in the exhibits, going on a carnival ride, watching the rodeo or demolition derby, listening to live music performances or tasting some of the culinary treats that always seem to be available, the fair promises to have something for just about everyone.
More like this story
- Interim manager named for Kansas State Fair
- Kansas Aviation Museum seeking new director
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol