Saturday wreck sends 3 people to area hospital
About 10:50 p.m. Saturday, George and Gloria Donahue, Olathe, were turning left, or east, to get onto Kansas Avenue from U.S. Highway 24-40 when Luis Ortiz-Vargas, Basehor, traveling with Chelan Lewis of Shawnee, ran into the Donahues' vehicle.
Several local agencies responded to the crash. George Donahue did not appear to be injured, but Gloria Donahue needed to be extricated from the vehicle, reports said.
Gloria was taken to Overland Park Regional Hospital by ambulance while Ortiz-Vargas and Lewis were taken by ambulance to the University of Kansas Hospital. Donahue and Lewis both were treated and released from their respective hospitals.
Evidence at the scene indicated that Ortiz-Vargas was intoxicated at the time of the accident. At the hospital, he refused to submit a blood sample for testing, reports said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High sweeps Paola in softball
- Weller remembered for 'biggest and most kind heart'
- Tonganoxie baseball getting ready for Butch Foster Classic at CommunityAmerica Ballpark
- Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Monday classes due to funeral services
- Tonganoxie High provides assistance throughout area with annual Community Service Day