Argument leads to 911 phone call
A 911 call sent Tonganoxie Police to the Tonganoxie school district office Thursday morning regarding an argument between Superintendent Richard Erickson and director of operations James Brun.
However, no complaints were filed with the police department, Chief Kenny Carpenter said Monday.
"I know there was a disturbance," Carpenter said.
"Right now there's no information we can give out. There's been no complaint and right now there's no report done on it. Unless someone comes in and does a complaint there won't be a report."
Carpenter said he was unsure whether the 911 call came from the board office or from someone outside the office.
Carpenter said the incident was just an argument.
"That's all it really amounted to," he said. "If someone would sign a complaint that may change things, but as of now, no one has signed a complaint about anything."
On Tuesday, Erickson said he could not discuss the matter.
"I can't share any information on issues like that," Erickson said.
Brun also declined to comment Tuesday.
More like this story
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- New proposal would cut Kansas school districts by half
- Kansas school district consolidation draws opposition
- Kansas efficiency consultants outline $2 billion in savings, efficiencies over five years
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms