Tonganoxie youths compete in national FCCLA leadership meet
The Tonganoxie Family, Career and Community Leaders of America members traveled to Anaheim, Calif., to compete at the FCCLA National Leadership Meeting. There were more than 5,000 members from across the nation attending the conference July 7 through 13. There were eight members and two advisers participating from the Tonganoxie chapter.
Students who won first place at the state competition in Wichita last April went on to compete at the national level against the other states. Three teams from Tonganoxie qualified to compete at nationals.
Andie Jeannin and Madi Yates competed in the Interpersonal Communications Jr. Level event receiving a silver medal. Emily Hughes competed in the Interpersonal Communications Sr. level, also receiving silver.
The Applied Technology Sr. level team consisting of Jared Lamb, A.J. DeMaranviile and Drew Scates received a gold medal. Advisers were Pam Lamb and Heather DeMaranvilie.
Other members attending were Ashlee Lohman, serving on the state peer education team, and Justin Moss, serving as district president. Members attended meetings on topics such as leadership, careers, violence, student body and finances.
Another highlight was hearing Jimmy Morris tell about his
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Love for longtime veteran
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Motorcyclist sent to area hospital following crash involving Tonganoxie High volleyball team bus