Tonganoxie man to appear in federal court
Two of three men, including a Tonganoxie man, who were indicted last week by federal authorities for reports of stolen equipment and vehicles will appear in federal court at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The FBI on Tuesday arrested Michael L. Goss, 47, Kansas City, Mo., and Sheldon M. Trieb, 24, Tonganoxie. A third man, Jason K. Smith, 24, Lawrence, who is thought to have Tonganoxie ties, has not surrendered yet, according to officials in the U.S. attorney's office in Wichita.
According to an indictment, federal investigators believe the three men conspired to steal heavy equipment and vehicles in Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri and took them to Kansas and Missouri where they were sold to individuals or businesses.
Federal authorities say their investigation into the allegations began in 2005.
More like this story
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Kansas judge allows suit over citizenship rule to continue
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke