Verna Cutright and Michelle and Rosemary Murry went Aug. 12 to St. Albans, N.Y., to visit her parents, Charlie and Shirley Taylor. Shirley recently had heart surgery and is doing well. Vera, Michelle and Rosemary returned home Aug. 17.
Pat and Jeanne Murry of Olathe took Jean Murry out to dinner at The Legends on Friday, Aug. 17.
The Jaunty Jarbalonians Red Hat group went Sunday afternoon to Leavenworth to see the play "Grease" at the Performing Arts Theater. Those going were Connie Barnett, Jane Turner, Bonny Barnett, Linda Barry, Betty Clark, Lynn Paul, Sandra Hilsabeck and Thamar Bennett.
Railey Ehart of Colbrook, N.Y., is visiting her father, Russell Ehart, this week. Grandparents Henry and Mildred Ehart are enjoying her visit.
The annual community barbecue at Jarbalo United Methodist Church will start at 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Following that, there will be entertainment and a pie auction indoors. Bring a covered dish and lawn chairs and join us. This is a community affair to bring people together and get acquainted or visit with those you already know.
More like this story
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Kansas utility to retire old generating units by year's end