Barbara Ann Denton
Services for Barbara Ann Denton, 62, Lawrence, will be at 10 a.m. today, Dec. 5, at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Burial will follow in Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence, with a luncheon to follow at the Eagles Lodge in Lawrence.
Mrs. Denton died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007, at Select Specialty Hospital in Topeka.
She was born Jan. 1, 1945, in Atchison, the daughter of Floyd and Josephine Gerardy Denton. She received a Master of Arts degree.
Mrs. Denton was an art teacher at Tonganoxie Junior High School. She also taught at Washburn University and many northeastern Kansas schools.
She was a member of the Kansas Art Education Association.
She married John A. Butter on Dec. 30, 1997, in Las Cruces, N.M. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include her mother, Josephine Denton, Atchison; a son, Greg Dixon; two daughters, Jennifer Dixon-Perkins and Tonya Honey, both of Lawrence; three brothers, Harold Denton, Las Cruces, N.M., Roger Denton and Steve Denton, both of Atchison; a sister, Linda Baum, Westerly, R.I.; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Friends of the Lawrence Public Library, sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, 601 Indiana St., Lawrence 66044.
Online condolences may be sent at rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance