Jo Ann Starcher
Services for Jo Ann Starcher, 79, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Dec. 4, at Quisenberry Funeral Home. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery.
Mrs. Starcher died Friday, Nov. 30, 2007, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
She was born Dec. 31, 1927, in Elsmore, the daughter of Herbert D. and Lena E. Barnett.
She was a member of the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce and worked as a bookkeeper for Rural Water District No. 9 and S&S Body Shop.
She married Billy Starcher on April 24, 1948, in Kansas City, Kan. He preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry and Ron Starcher, both of Tonganoxie; a daughter, Dixie Jones, McLouth; five grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
The family suggests memorials to the Northeast Kansas Education Service Center, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences can be sent at quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary