Thursday’s snow brings end to hunt
Mother Nature kept Tonganoxie children from finding candy canes Saturday at Chieftain Park.
On Friday, the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission canceled the fourth annual Candy Cane hunt.
"We determined that the snow would make it hard to locate candy canes and if it melted the muddy ground would be a problem," said Gayle Parker, director of the rec commission.
Parker also said one previous hunt was staged indoors, but there were too many problems to try it again.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees