Tonganoxie splits games vs. De Soto
The Tonganoxie High girls basketball team destroyed De Soto on Tuesday night, 54-19, at home.
Senior Liz Baska led all scores with 14 points.
The Chieftains jumped out to an early 19-4 lead. They led, 28-6, at the half.
THS forced a visibly frustrated De Soto team to take two timeouts in a span of 30 seconds in the first half.
Tonganoxie improved to 5-2 on the season. It won't play its next game until Jan. 4, when THS will take on Bonner Springs at home.
De Soto High boys 53, Tonganoxie High 44
De Soto pressed for virtually the entire game. The Wildcats led, 45-27, with 6:18 remaining in the fourth quarter and still applied full-court pressure.
The Chieftains handled the pressure fairly well, but turned the ball over to De Soto several times for fast-break layups.
Tonganoxie is also off until Jan. 4, when it will play host to Bonner Springs.
See the Wednesday, Dec. 26 edition of The Mirror for the full story.
More like this story
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Informational video helps understand traffic procedure at TES, TMS
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts