Winter storm advisory in effect for Saturday
The National Weather Service has issued a snow and blowing snow advisory in effect from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22. Forecasters say the storm is expected to bring 2 to 4 inches of snow to northeast Kansas. Northerly winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph will result in blowing and drifting of snow.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said those planning to travel Saturday should exercise extreme caution or alter travel plans as area interstates and roadways may become greatly impacted.
A snow and blowing snow advisory means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. If you must travel, KDOT said, be ready for difficult driving conditions.
More like this story
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck