Our community experienced a severe ice storm, resulting in loss of electrical power and countless downed trees and limbs. The sun was shining on Friday morning, as Woody Woodring cheerfully drove his truck around town and picked up limbs from various yards and businesses. May the good Lord bless Woody for his efforts and service. This is just another illustration of how one person can make a tremendous difference. We all need to remember to make lemonade from the lemons we receive in life.
Community Oriented Reverence and Evangelism (C.O.R.E.) is a tremendous new ministry designed for young Christians in senior high and young adults. Services include live praise and worship music, special speakers, refreshments, and other fun activities. A meeting will be held at the McLouth Church of the Nazarene, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 29. Everyone is welcome. The goal of C.O.R.E. is to provide young people with the opportunity to develop a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. For further information, please call: (913) 796-6290.
- Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie City Council hears preferences for new police station