Bowl-bound KU player attends FCA
Tonganoxie High School students involved in the new Fellowship of Christian Athletes group at THS were able to meet an integral part of the Kansas University football team Thursday.
Jayhawk senior defensive lineman James McClinton spoke to FCA members and others in attendance at the Night of Praise and Worship at the THS auditorium.
McClinton, who has helped KU to an 11-1 record and an Orange Bowl berth, also recently was named an All-American for the Jayhawks.
McClinton spoke to the group about his own experiences and how God has touched his life. He also spoke about how FCA has grown at the collegiate level while he has been at the university.
Vessel, a Christian contemporary band comprised of many local youths, also performed throughout the evening.
More like this story
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Kansas lawmaker to take job with National Rifle Association
- Flash flood watch issued for Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte Counties
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy