Practice safety ringing in 2008
We wish by now it wouldn't need to be said, but after all these years, we feel compelled - still - to remind New Year's revelers to not drink and drive.
It's been nearly 30 years since Mothers Against Drunk Driving was founded, law enforcement continues to aggressively seek out offenders and the Legislature continues to pass stiff laws for people who drink and drive, but still they do.
We don't want to throw cold water on anyone's New Year's Eve celebrations - heck, we enjoy lifting a toast to the year gone by and the year to come. But the first resolution for the partying crowd as 2008 dawns ought to be to not drink and drive. And such a resolution is worth sticking to for a lifetime.
Call a cab, designate a nondrinker to be the driver, stay put, call a sober person to pick you up : but please don't drink and drive. Your safety and the safety of others depends on it.
More like this story
- Substate, regional assignments for Tongaoxie, McLouth
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Pleasant day for a run for Tonganoxie cross country team
- Rank and file: Tonganoxie High wrestling takes 4th behind state powers at Baldwin
- McLouth High basketball teams open winter with new coaches